A fresh engineer is prepared to handle responsibilities of Engineer – Execution, Planning, Estimation, and Quality. You can become eligible for Managerial positions within 1 to 3 years of relevant exposure which otherwise takes 12-15 long years.
Its a 4+2 months Programme with classes on weekdays. Classes usually will be for 2-4 hours everyday including theory and lab practice.
- This is one of the best courses after civil engineering & architectural studies, and hence requires an individual to be BE / BTech Civil Engineering / B.Arch. from AICTE recognized university having min. 50% overall marks. Final year Civil Engineering students can also apply.
- For architectural candidates, min. 1 yr. of experience is necessary.
This is one of the most effective certification courses for civil engineers that open up placement opportunities in various areas of Construction Project Management like Billing & Estimation, Planning, Execution or QA-QC. At EDGE, our attempt is to maintain 100% placement record. Students either get placed –in campus or off campus from our side or earn job by themselves. Advance knowledge of Construction Management, Project Management, related software and soft skills help students get easily placed. It’s not only a certification course, but moreover a rigorous professional training to build competencies. Salary packages are completely based on the calibre of students, their attitude and technical knowhow. These are the reasons why EDGE’s PG in construction management is among the top construction management courses in India.
WHY PGPACM AT EDGE?
PGPACM course is a incubator for a graduate to become professional and hence all systems and policies are set accordingly. Students are informed to refer the academic calendar. Entire program consists of around 180 days including coursework & assignment days, national holidays and Sundays. No other holidays are granted to students. Students shall maintain 90 per cent attendance to be eligible to pass each level and to get full benefit of the program and final certificate. Students may avail leaves on account of genuine reasons such as passport interview, major illness, and marriage of real brother/sister only. Leaves shall be applied 3 days in advance and get sanctioned. Student shall cover portion missed during leave period on his own responsibility. Sanctioned leave does not mean consideration in attendance. Attendance is a physical presence during conduct of session.
The training of professionals as part of the Construction Management program focuses on the following areas: project management, construction management, contracts management, construction quality, safety and equipment management, supply chain management of construction projects, modern construction materials and technologies, computer applications in construction (MS Project, Primavera), and building information modelling (BIM) for the construction industry.
UPON COMPLETING THE COURSE STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO
- Define And Describe Construction Processes And Various Engineering Roles Involved
- Describe, Interpret, And Differentiate Between Project Delivery Systems In Construction Projects
- Select And Justify Contract Types For Each Project Delivery System Explain And Develop Work Breakdown Structures Identify And Develop Work Packages And Activities
- Describe, Explain, And Compare Various Scheduling Techniques;
- Develop Construction Plans And Schedules;
- Calculate And Synthesize Construction Estimates
- Describe The Materials Management Process
- Identify Construction Safety Hazards And Corresponding Solutions
- Categorize Construction Operations, Equipment, And Materials; And Develop, Integrate, And Apply Construction Operations And Processes Models.
- Identify The Different Design Stages In A Project Develop Reporting Procedures Such As Monthly Report, Quality Records, QA/QC Reports, MIS, Inspection Reports Write & Explain Minutes Of Meetings, Progress Charts, And Presentations.
- Understand BIM Basics & The Benefits Describe How BIM Can Be Used As A Communication And Collaboration Tool, And Its Contributions To Scheduling, Estimating, And Facility Management.
- Explain The Process Of Implementing BIM And How BIM-Based Designs For Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fit Into The Overall Construction Document Fabric.
Trainees earn the EDGE-SCOM Certification after completing the program requirements which are designed and developed in compliance with international standards and ongoing update based not only on the latest international principles and practices, but also field research first-hand experience, and in-depth knowledge of the market and the specific requirements of organizations.
What Will You Learn?
- CORE TOPICS IN CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT COURSE
- Introduction To Construction Management
- Quantity Surveying, Estimating And Bidding Procedures
- Construction Contracts & Construction Law
- Construction Scheduling
- Construction Cost Planning & Control
- Project Monitoring For Quality Control And Safety
- Dispute Resolution Techniques In Construction
- Procurement Management
- Innovation In The Construction Industry
- Risk Management
MODULE 1 – QUANTITY SURVEYING
SUB-MODULE 1 – QUANTITY SURVEYING FUNDAMENTALS00:00
SUB-MODULE 2–QUANTITY TAKE-OFF USING CAD & MS EXCEL00:00
SUB-MODULE 3 – CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATION00:00